The day after Patrick climbed out of his crib, I wanted to be extra sure that he was too exhausted to try it again. So, I decided to tire him out at the zoo.
Our first stop was to see the peenda bears.
Next we saw the ahfatunts.
We did some running around (extra insurance to guarantee a good nap!).
After eating our PB&Js next to the gorrirrahhs, we decided to head home.
Mission accomplished!
Today's adventure was to Frying Pan Farm. Patrick is feeling better after having fevers for the past 3+ weeks, and we were both going a little stir crazy. It was time to get out of the house!
Out! Out, please!
Test driving some tractors.
Piggies! (This is where we spent most of our time)
We also saw some chickens, goats, cows, horses, and sheeps. (Plural courtesy of Patrick.) Patrick was so excited to see the animals that he greeted them as he approached the fences. "Hi, sheeps! Hi cows! Hi little lambs!" It was all I could do to keep him from crawling under the fences and into the pens.
The tractors needed some more driving, so we stopped by to visit them again before heading to the car. If it wasn't so windy, I think that Patrick would have happily driven the tractors for at least another hour.
Now I see why everyone keeps asking me if I've taken him there. So much fun! It is insanely windy today, so we only stayed for about an hour. But, since it's such a short drive from home, it was still worth the trip. The farm is a replication of a Depression-era farm, complete with a farm house, barns, and a country store. They have tractor rides and a carousel, but we were there too early for those today. We are definitely planning on going back for those another time.

Looks like a fun time! He's such a cutie, Christy!
ReplyDelete