Thursday, June 17, 2010

3 months old!

Patrick is three months old!


When he went to the pediatrician on Monday, he weighed 8lbs, 8oz - a whopping 5lbs over his birth weight! Unfortunately, he also needed to have blood drawn to check his iron levels (preemies tend to be anemic) and screen for metabolic diseases. I had to hold him down while they pricked his heel - and I tried my best not to let him see that I was crying, too. Since he did such a stellar job, the nurse gave Patrick a sticker. Naturally, he chose the one with the golden retriever, a dead ringer for Ella!

Patrick was so excited about his Ella sticker!

Patrick had a busy Friday last week - he saw both the speech therapist and the surgeon. During his swallow study, he aspirated some of the thin milk, so we're stuck with the SimplyThick for at least another 8 weeks until the next swallow study. His consult with the surgeon went well. He's big enough for his hernia surgery, but since he is still on his apnea monitor we need the ok from the pulmonologist before we schedule it. We see her next week, so hopefully we'll get cleared for surgery. Patrick will have to spend the night in the hospital for that one, so we're hoping to schedule it before I return to work.

Between the appointments, Patrick and I stopped by Booz Allen to visit Andy. Patrick was excited to meet some of his fans, but we couldn't stay too long or else I'd risk having a hungry baby on my hands! We stopped by my old office, but unfortunately most of my coworkers weren't around. We may have to make another field trip to see them another time.

Andy's coworkers are already talking about recruiting Patrick to work on their team.

No comments:

Post a Comment