Friday, September 10, 2010

Busy Friday

Technically, I'm "off" on Fridays, but lately it seems like I'm busier on my off days than on the ones when I'm working.

Patrick and I left the house at 7:00 this morning to go to Crainial Tech for an adjustment on his band. Older babies typically get adjustments every two weeks but because Patrick is so young, they set us up with a weekly adjustment schedule. As it turns out, Patrick is growing so fast that 7 days is too long to wait. Now, we get to go in twice a week for his tech to look at his head and make adjustments to the band.

I haven't seen a basketball game yet, but I'm already a Blue Devils fan!

Next, we left Falls Church and headed to Fair Oaks for Patrick's eye appointment. All NICU babies are screened for Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP), which often affects preemies. His exams showed very low risk for ROP, so we scheduled a follow-up for six months. Today's appointment went well. Things are looking good, so we don't have to go back for awhile.

After a quick walk around the neighborhood, a nap was in order!

Patrick still wears his brace all of the time. We go back to the orthopedist in October and we're hoping that he'll get to start spending some time each day with his feet free. Andy and I have become so used to the shoes & brace that we don't even see them anymore. And Patrick has had them on so long that he doesn't notice them. I'm even getting used to the helmet. But, we take Patrick out, sometimes people stare at him, and it takes me a minute to figure out why. I know that we're doing the right thing by treating the plagiocephaly early, but it just breaks my heart that we have to make our little guy wear a foot brace and a helmet!

Forget the bottles, give me more Twizzlers!

1 comment:

  1. you are the best parents ever!!! I can't wait to see Patrick taller than all of us (with straight feet and a circular head) laughing at his first months of life.

    ReplyDelete