They have a pet therapy program here, and in addition to having the therapy dogs come to your room, you can have your own dog come in for a visit. The pet therapy coordinator stopped by my room on Saturday and gave me a visitor pass for Ella, so I called Andy and let him know that it was time to bring her in. Andy picked Ella up from Bob's (where she's staying while I'm in the hospital), gave her a bath, and headed to the hospital.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Special Visitor
Last Saturday, I had a very special visitor come see me in the hospital - Ella!
They have a pet therapy program here, and in addition to having the therapy dogs come to your room, you can have your own dog come in for a visit. The pet therapy coordinator stopped by my room on Saturday and gave me a visitor pass for Ella, so I called Andy and let him know that it was time to bring her in. Andy picked Ella up from Bob's (where she's staying while I'm in the hospital), gave her a bath, and headed to the hospital.
The hospital was a little scary with all of its new smells and my bed that is constantly moving. (Andy calls it the Reebok pump since it is constantly inflating/deflating). I think that Ella's favorite part of the visit was dinner. I wasn't fast enough, and when I pulled the cover off of my dinner, she snuck in a little lick!
They have a pet therapy program here, and in addition to having the therapy dogs come to your room, you can have your own dog come in for a visit. The pet therapy coordinator stopped by my room on Saturday and gave me a visitor pass for Ella, so I called Andy and let him know that it was time to bring her in. Andy picked Ella up from Bob's (where she's staying while I'm in the hospital), gave her a bath, and headed to the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I advise Ella to avoid the temptation to eat the mystery meat!
ReplyDelete