Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Due Date Surprise!

Usually, the word "discharge" makes me cringe...but not yesterday!

When I arrived at the NICU yesterday morning, the doctor mentioned sending Patrick home today. I could barely contain my excitement. In fact, I called Andy as soon as I had put Patrick back into his crib. We decided not to tell anyone else until the discharge papers were signed just in case something happened to delay his homecoming.

This morning - on my due date - Andy and I made our final trek to the NICU at Fairfax Hospital.

Patrick sporting his going home clothes.

All bundled up and ready to go home!

Saying goodbye to the the sixth floor before heading to the elevators.

Settling in with Dad and Ella

7 comments:

  1. Tears of joy!!!! Welcome home, Master Patrick. Welcome home. Thank GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee Skippee! Patrick has gotten to meet Ella and is now in his own bed. You two are more equipped than anyone I know to be able to bring a baby home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Today is your day.
    You're off to Great Places!
    You're off and away!

    Somehow you'll escape
    all that waiting and staying
    You'll find the bright places
    where Boom Bands are playing.

    With banner flip-flapping,
    once more you'll ride high!
    Ready for anything under the sky.
    Ready because you're that kind of a guy!

    Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done!
    There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.

    So...
    be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
    or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
    You're off the Great Places!
    Today is your day!
    Your mountain is waiting.
    So...get on your way!

    Happy beyond words...
    Marmie

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! That's great news! Congrats! Now the crazy fun begins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!! Oh, that's fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete