Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 7 || One Week in

So let's see....
I wouldn't even know where to begin to start this review.  I had thought about posting it to my favorite lodging reviews website, however, I think my experience is somewhat different than most, so as a solid 20-month old, I will host this "hotel-review" on my own personal blog!

First of all, let me review the food.  It's terrible!  Every day is the same thing, and my parents keep trying to cram it down my throat.  Surely they will begin to clue into the fact that I do not like the vanilla pudding here.  It would keep them from eating it themselves.

Secondly, the room service, it too leaves something to be desired.  These people keep barging into my room, waking me from sleep (when I clearly have the do not disturb sign up) and poking and prodding me.  Worse yet, they do this multiple times a day, picking me up when I only want to sleep.

Finally, I would like to say something about my parents...talk about over-bearing.  They are by my side ALL-THE-TIME.  Wouldn't you think that they would be aware of my need for personal space?  Sheesh!  I sure wouldn't give this place four stars as far as hotels go.  I hope that next time, dad springs for a nicer place.

Love and Cuddles to all,
Patrick

In all seriousness, we are still at the hospital day and night.  Patrick continues to be quite the soldier putting up with countless vital sign checks, blood draws, tests, doctors, nurses, and finally worried parents.  Today was a long day with general anesthesia for a couple of the more painful tests, and he came through with flying colors.  In fact, when he woke up from the anesthesia he wanted nothing but a piece of yellow american cheese....nothing else would do.  Christy and I hear the little horse voice "Cheese, please....Cheese, please"  as soon as he opened his eyes.  


After this procedure Patrick seemed to pick up a little steam, and was even sitting up and talking once he got back to his room.  We are hoping that this new found energy continues to bolster his immune system, and he gets back to his old self in no-time!  The outpouring of support and help is more than Christy and I can even begin to thank!  We are looking forward to bringing our little boy home, and having a celebration, but for now we will have to keep putting a foot down in-front of the other.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

To get a sense of what his days have been like this week here is a video, however, he has perked up a bit since this was taken:


No comments:

Post a Comment