Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dad's Day

Hello my people,

Yesterday was the best day of my life.  They finally removed the obnoxious little tubes sticking up my nose.  If I could have reached out with my tiny arms and given the doctor a high five for doing this I would have.


Mom and Dad kept calling me Mr. Nakedface

They also saw fit to finally give me some clothes and dignity back.  Since I have been doing so well under the bilirubin lights, I was given a shirt.  This gives me a break from having to flex for all the ladies.   The shirt is huge, and swallows up my arms, but at least we can take a break from having to show off for a while.


Mom and the nurse chatting home-side.

 Today was also the day that this humongous man, took my temperature, changed my diaper, and picked me up out of the home I have become so comfortable in.  Dad was here and we sat in a wonderfully comfortable chair and cried to each other for a bit.  Once he was able to wipe away some of his tears, I calmed right down and took a nappy-poo in his arms.


The least he could have done would have been to shave for me!  I have never seen him so happy.


Dad thinks I smell good.  Perhaps I have a thing or two to teach him.




One of my favorite poses is to have my hands on or above my head.



Medically I am doing quite well.  My lights are off (as I try to think about the environment), and I haven't had an apena spell since early this week.  My feeding is up (3.0 mL/hour) as I try to start growing into this ridiculous shirt they have given me to wear.  The temperature in my little house is slowly being lowered as well to see how well I can maintain my core temp to one day move into a big-boy crib.  For now, I'll take the glass walls but one day soon I get to move to a house with taller ceilings!


Dad and I holding hands.

Word to your mother,
Patrick

1 comment:

  1. It is so GOOD to hear from you (the "P-Man"). If you are not too busy "flexing" for the all the ladies, you should write every day. Sherry

    ReplyDelete