It's been a couple of days since I last wrote, and boy have they been busy. Since moving to my new room things are a little different here. Instead of the very professional, fast nurses taking care of me, the main source of my daily maintenance has been left up to my mother and father. While they are well meaning, their ability to quickly change my diaper, get me into clothes, and fed leaves something to be desired. Their hands are too big and slow to keep up with my wiggles. Mom and Dad have been around much more, with Mom here at almost every feeding.
So now I am eating about 45-55 mL/meal every three hours with some of those meals supplemented with nursing if I am not too sleepy. In the middle of eating they constantly interrupt my food for a session of patting me on the back for a job well done. I have tried to make it clear (by chewing on their/my hands) that I am not done eating and still hungry, alas they don't listen.

Illustrating my discontent of not continually being fed while trying to be burped.

What things look like when Mom's in charge...

..and when Dad's in charge.
I heard through the grapevine that many things have been happening at home while I am on vacation here in Fairfax Hospital. People constantly stopping by, a baby shower, clothes to keep me warm, and more love than I could possibly imagine. I was thinking of going on tour once all this nonsense dies down, but I think we will have to wait for the book to come out.
Medically I have more consultants and people stopping by to say hello than I could imagine. I do have a little bit of a hernia near the top of my left leg so I had a surgery consult for that this afternoon, and the orthopedist is suppose to stop by to take a look at my lucky turned-in foot. I still have a couple of spells a day where I have a de-sat or two, and just today I decided that I would drop my heart rate at the end of my meals to see if they are still paying enough attention to me. Otherwise it's a fairly quiet place where I am able to grow a little more each day and wait for that glorious time that I get to go home.
On a more personal note, Dad asked me to send a special note to someone:
Dear Baby-Accessory-Manufacturers,
Why the hell does a baby swing have 160 steps to assemble? Seriously, this should be a two/three step process. For the sake of all that is holy, and to keep my father's frustration level as low as possible please look into sacking your industrial engineers who "stream-lined" your packing process, it's bananas.

...92 Parts, 160 steps to assemble
Ping-Pong forever,
Patrick
The baby swing is to get you in training for bicycles....
ReplyDelete